Nothing made sense during the Pandemic so if my logical mind couldn’t cope then I chose surrealism and her poetry to get through the pandemic and now I am well published, know amazing poets, have hosted countless poetry reading/collection launches, run Beir Bua Press and have a creative outlet for life.
Avant-garde poetry is a type of poetry that pushes the boundaries of traditional poetic conventions and explores innovative and experimental techniques and forms. Surreal poetry is a type of poetry that combines elements of the real and the imaginary in a way that is often dreamlike and irrational. Postmodern poetry is a type of poetry that is characterized by a skepticism towards traditional literary forms and a focus on the individual experience and perspective of the writer.
In 2023, after a pandemic, these forms of poetry may continue to evolve and change, as poets and writers respond to the impact of the pandemic on their lives and the world around them. It is possible that avant-garde, surreal, and postmodern poetry may be used as a means of expressing the emotional and psychological effects of the pandemic, as well as to challenge and subvert traditional narratives and societal norms. These forms of poetry may also continue to be used as a means of exploring and expressing the complexities and contradictions of the post-pandemic world.
Using a life crisis as a catalyst for becoming an artist can be a challenging and transformative experience. Here are some steps that may be helpful in this process:
- Allow yourself to feel and process your emotions: It is important to allow yourself to feel and process your emotions, rather than trying to ignore or suppress them. This can help you to better understand and make sense of your experiences and to begin the healing process.
- Explore your creative interests: Take some time to explore your creative interests and find ways to express yourself through art. This can be a therapeutic and empowering process that can help you to cope with your crisis and to find meaning in your experiences.
- Seek support: It can be helpful to seek support from others as you begin your journey as an artist. This could include seeking guidance from mentors, joining an artist community, or working with a therapist or coach.
- Practice and develop your skills: Practice and develop your artistic skills over time. This can involve taking classes, workshops, or other educational opportunities, as well as experimenting and exploring different art forms.
- Share your work: Sharing your work with others can be a challenging but rewarding experience. It can help you to connect with others and to receive feedback and support for your art.
Overall, using a life crisis as a catalyst for becoming an artist can be a challenging but transformative experience. By allowing yourself to feel and process your emotions, exploring your creative interests, seeking support, practicing and developing your skills, and sharing your work, you can begin your journey as an artist and find meaning and purpose through your art.