It’s time for the next King’s CROWNing Authors (Cajoling Random Observations Now) interview. Please welcome, Sarah Crossan.
1. Tea or coffee while writing?
Jasmine green tea. Always.
2. Would you buy a book for its cover?
Yes. Books are art objects, they should look, smell and taste amazing.
3. Library of shopping mall?
Uhhh… you serious?!
4. If I said – it’s too windy for YA, you’d say –
“I’m sure the doctor could prescribe you something.”
5. Explain YA with an emoji
6. Best music to write with/to/for?
I don’t write to music anymore. Even wordless music distracts me. I like pure silence.
7. Have you ever heard of the singer Sia?
Yup. Love her but wasn’t so sure about that new video.
8. What is the best use of light and dark and shadow?
I’m not sure, but I think you’ll need some nice new charcoal crayons.
9. Define kinetic energy in one stationary word.
10. Please make up your own question for me. How are the biscuits?
All eaten I’m afraid. And as I dunked them all in red lemonade they went soggy and I had to use a spoon to eat them.
Thank you, Sarah.
About Sarah Crossan
I grew up in Ireland and England then lived in NewYork for seven years. These days, I can be found in or around London.
I worked as an English teacher for many years, which I loved, but I have given that up to write full time. I work from home in a specially built garden studio where I am surrounded by piles of books and half finished mugs of jasmine green tea. Biscuits and silence help me to work.
I have dreams of one day owning a Ruby Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a resplendent orange tree. I would also really like the chance to write loads, loads more books.
Twitter Bio: Irish writer. British accent. Latest novel is APPLE AND RAIN (Bloomsbury). I like poems and stuff, innit.