It’s time for the next King’s CROWNing Authors (Cajoling Random Observations Now) interview. Please welcome, David Hofmeyr
1. The washing making is making a lot of noise and you are trying to write, what will you do?
Uh … switch it off.
2. Are you a nosy neighbour?
3. What is the best way to eavesdrop on a really interesting conversation (that you could use for a book)?
Blend in. Be cool.
4. Is it rude to tell a barking dog to shut up even if they don’t understand English?
No. My dog is French. He understands rude.
5. What does it mean to be a 2015 dude?
6. Fave lady authors?
Annie Proulx, SE Hinton, Donna Tartt, E. Lockhart, Clare Furniss.
7. You have been asked to a Dead Poets type gathering and need to bring a dish, what will it be?
8. Best stretching exercises for the writer?
Reach inside fridge. Extract beer.
9. I don’t like math. Ism’t that such an American way of saying maths. Why do they do that, why?
They’re not English.
10. Ask me a question.
Ah, but will I?
You will but I won’t answer as there is a dinner waiting to be devoured.
I’m the author of The Stone Rider Series. In my day job, I masquerade as a Planning Director for a big advertising firm in the UK.
The Stone Rider Series comprises two books with an eshort novella. The first book in the series is Stone Rider, published in July 2015. Blood Rider is the sequel, anticipated for 2016. Outsider is a novella set in the same story world, with themes of revenge and forgiveness. It takes place in the months preceding the start of Stone Rider.