How many authors do you know pretend to strangle their fans and then pose for pictures? I know of only one.
It’s Monday and you have your King’s C.R.O.W.N.ing Authors (Cajoling Random Observations Now) interview with Darren Shan.
Darren Shan, sir, you are this weeks interviewee. You have 13 minutes to answers these questions. We are waiting.
We are waiting, Write your answers and keep your hands on the keyboard, young man!
1. If you could live in a horror movie what one would it be? Salem’s Lot.
2. If I say, ‘Graveyard’ you say _______? Neil Gaiman’s The Graveyard Book – beautiful!
3. Thomond RFC v Askeaton RFC? I went to primary school in Askeaton, and my mother taught there for more than 30 years, so it has to be Askeaton.
4. If you could adapt a sorrow of ravens, would you? And name them. (There are five of them.) No idea what this question means!
5. If Sally needs to get the 18A to Rathmines but she is in Castletroy and only has E11 to her name, how on earth will she ever get to Rathmines? And no interest in answering this one!
6. If you could set up an anonymous blog what would you blog about and what would your handle be? I don’t believe in anonymity – anything I post online, I post as Darren Shan.
7. What TV show, that you watched as a child or teen, would you love to marathon watch? The Secret Garden.
8. If I say, ‘Prove it,’ you say ______? Stuff it!
9. I know of a cat that will not drink milk, what should we do? Eat the cat.
10. Name two things to the left of you, two verbs you did today, and two medical item in your house – now use them to make a sentence asking for help. No – that sounds too much like a homework assignment!
I was smiling while answering!
Yes. Not sure about you, but I was laughing while reading these.
Darren Shan is the pen name for Darren O’Shaughnessy, he is an Irish author living in Limerick. Darren Shan is the main character in Shan’s The Saga of Darren Shan young-adult fiction series.
Although Darren always wanted to be a writer, it was only in his teenage years that he began writing in his spare time for fun (before that, he only wrote stories if they were for homework). He bought his first typewriter when he was 14, and never looked back. He has written well over 60 books and yet he still had time for this interview.
Universal Studios bought the film rights to the first three books of The Saga of Darren Shan and combined them to make a single film, Cirque du Freak: The Vampire’s Assistant, released in the US on 23 October 2009.
He has written too many books to be mentioned here, they are all part of series of books for children, teens, ya, and adults (some of which were written under the name Darren Dash.);
The Saga of Darren Shan, The Demonata, The City Trilogy, The Saga of Larten Crepsley,
Zom-B, Lady of the Shades, The Evil and the Pure.
Darran Shan, Master of Horror, Overlord of Fantasy, please accept your crown!
Here is your crown
Thank you, Darren.
Next up we will be having, in no particular order: Leigh Bardugo, Sally Nicholls, Kieran Fanning, Eoin Colfer, Katy Moran,Louise O’Neil and many more.
Remember! If you want to support this blog then you can like, share, comment, or buy a book through the affiliate Book Depository link on the top left of the page – it has free shipping worldwide.