1. Use two contrasting colours, I chose a dark navy for my nail varnish colour and a white crackle glaze colour.
2. Update – my nails kinda looked like I went mad with tippex, so my advice….don’t pick white as the crackle glaze colour. But in saying that, I did get a lot of compliments on them
3. Apply a thin coat of your base colour (usually a nude colour – this will protect your nails from staining)
4. You simply put on one layer nail varnish and let it dry for at least 15 minutes.
5. Then apply a top coat, this will prevent the crackly glaze smugging your colour.
6. Then apply the crackly glaze/ For a larger crackle effect apply a thick coat. For a smaller effect, then you obviously apply a thin coat.
7. You can leave it dry naturally or bake your nails under a hairdryer. The crackle glaze will deconstruct, leaving you with a white crackled look on the top layer and show some of your nail varnish colour.
8. Then you apply a top coat of clear nail varnish.
9. When you are finished with the top coat, ensure that you go under your nail tip, this will help prevent your nails chipping and your colour will last longer.