The real fun stuff of Blogging is stats. Stats show you the referring URL, searches audience country, operating systems and posts hits; so for a newbie then these can help shape your blog. Stats are on the dashboard in Blogger. Using stats you can really see how promoting is affecting your blog. My blog is popular in Ireland, USA, England, Canada, Germany, France, Israel, Japan, Russia, and Australia. I use this information to explain cultural references or to even do a post on their country, as I did here.
For further helpe see this YouTbue as a visual guide:
(Taken from google.com/support)
- Sign into Google Webmaster Tools with your Google Account.
- Click Add a site, and type the URL of the site you want to add. Make sure you type the entire URL, such as http://www.example.com/
- Click Continue. The Site verification page opens.
- (Optional) In the Name box, type a name for your site (for example, My Blog).
- Select the verification method you want, and follow the instructions.
In here you must verify your account, so select “Add a meta tag to your site’s home page.” You just copy the HTML code then go to your dashboard on your blog. Go to Design, edit HTML, do a search for and you just paste the code in there and save. Once you go back to your webmaster Google account you can click on verify.